Call Today 281.377.1348
Experience and Knowledge When You Need It Most Sherry D. Tavel Attorney At Law is On Your Side

Child Support Attorney in Harris County TX

Helping Parents Establish or Modify Child Support Agreements

Going through a divorce can be extremely difficult and confusing, especially if you have children with your spouse. You may feel that your child is not getting enough support, or maybe you are paying more than you are capable of providing. It is very important that parents cooperate during child support discussions – you want to make sure that your child receives the support that he or needs.

At Sherry D. Tavel Attorney at Law, we are here to help ensure that support orders are fair and balanced. We proudly serve Harris County and Montgomery County, TX, making it convenient to meet for a consultation.

Consult with a legal professional from our firm – contact us now!

How Is Child Support Calculated in Texas?

Texas child support cases are determined using the statutory guidelines while taking into consideration any deviations. Typically, the non-custodial parent will pay the custodial parent support each month. However, there are a number of factors which can come into play that can affect your case.

Factors that can affect a Texas child support case:

  • The income of each parent
  • The needs of the child, including education and healthcare
  • Number of children to receive support

It is wise to have a Harris County child support lawyer on your side to guide you and protect your child's best interests, in and outside of court.

Questions About Your Child Support Case?

Whether your circumstances have changed and you need to modify your existing child support order or you are worried about going to divorce litigation, we are here to support you. We can sit down and meet with you to learn about your goals in your divorce and how they relate to your children.

Contact one of our Montgomery & Harris County child support attorney at (281) 377-1348 to learn more about how we can assist with your case.

Our Blog

Recent Posts
  • Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions About Mediation

    When a person decides to pursue legal action to resolve a dispute, they often envision having their day in court in front of a judge and jury. ...

    Continue Reading
  • Name Change for a Child Requires Sufficient Evidence

    A divided First Court of Appeals reversed the decision of a trial court to change a child’s name to include the father’s surname as part of the ...

    Continue Reading
  • Adverse Possession

    The most commonly used statutes of limitation to establish a claim for adverse possession are sections 16.024, 16.025 and 16.026 of the CPRC. Under ...

    Continue Reading