Call Today 281.377.1348
Experience and Knowledge When You Need It Most Sherry D. Tavel Attorney At Law is On Your Side

Guardianship Attorney in Harris County TX

Helping Families Across Montgomery County & Beyond

An individual who has become incapacitated and unable to make sound decisions about their financial decisions or care will likely need to be appointed a guardian who can help make those decisions for them. Whether you are being appointed guardian or requesting guardianship, you will need to go through the courts for approval.

If you have been appointed a guardian or need legal assistance seeking guardianship over a loved one, Sherry D. Tavel Attorney at Law can help. Our Harris County family law attorney knows that obtaining guardianship is a complex matter and each case should be handled in a unique manner.

To make an appointment with an attorney from our firm, call us today at (281) 377-1348.

How to Establish Guardianship in Harris County

Navigating the various ins and outs of guardianship can be confusing. Sometimes they can be voluntary and other times they can be involuntary, such as after a person becomes suddenly disabled or when a minor child is not receiving care from his or her parents.

In order to establish the guardianship, a petition must be filed with the probate court. You must have the necessary evidence to illustrate the need for guardianship, such as a letter from their physician. The court works to act in the individual's best interest and we are here to help you ensure they have all of the necessary information to protect your rights.

We can help you understand every aspect of guardianship, including the responsibilities of the guardian:

  • Initiate lawsuits for the minor or ward
  • Apply for public housing for the minor or ward
  • Provide necessities for the minor or ward
  • Ensuring the dependant has proper shelter

With more than 30 years of legal experience, Sherry D. Tavel Attorney at Law can guide you through the legal system and advocate for you.

Would you like to speak with a Harris County guardianship lawyer? Give us a call at (281) 377-1348.

Our Blog

Recent Posts
  • Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions About Mediation

    When a person decides to pursue legal action to resolve a dispute, they often envision having their day in court in front of a judge and jury. ...

    Continue Reading
  • Name Change for a Child Requires Sufficient Evidence

    A divided First Court of Appeals reversed the decision of a trial court to change a child’s name to include the father’s surname as part of the ...

    Continue Reading
  • Adverse Possession

    The most commonly used statutes of limitation to establish a claim for adverse possession are sections 16.024, 16.025 and 16.026 of the CPRC. Under ...

    Continue Reading