Call Today 281.377.1348
Experience and Knowledge When You Need It Most Sherry D. Tavel Attorney At Law is On Your Side

Modification Lawyer in Harris County

30+ Years of Experience in Family Law

At Sherry D. Tavel Attorney at Law, we understand that life changes quickly and can even affect your ability to abide by the original terms of your court order following a divorce. Perhaps you have been offered a job out of state, or you lost your job and have no source of income for child or spousal support. Whatever the case may be, we can help you to seek a modification if experienced a substantial change in your life.

We can help you to modify every aspect of your divorce order, including:

Call us today at (281) 377-1348 to speak with a Harris County modifications lawyer.

What Are the Common Reasons for Modification Requests

  • Relocation with a child
  • Death or incarceration of a parent
  • Increase or decrease in income
  • Change in the child’s needs
  • Dangers or threats to child’s welfare

Modifying Custody & Visitation

The custody and visitation order that is established when you get divorced is decided based on your circumstances at the time. If your work schedules have changed or a custodial parent is relocating, you may need to seek a modification. With custody modification, parents must submit a new parenting plan that will be approved by a judge.

We can help you to navigate the process of requesting a modification so that it goes as smoothly as possible.

Seeking Modifications for Child Support & Alimony in Harris County

The subject of finances is a heated one in a divorce, especially when it comes to child support payments and alimony (also known as spousal support). When your financial situation changes, such as after the loss of a job or other change in income, you may be concerned about how you will uphold the requirements of your divorce order. Our Harris County family law attorney can help you to petition for a modification by gathering evidence that supports your reason, such as your bank accounts or a letter stating that you have lost employment.

We are ready to help clients all across Montgomery County, Harris County, New Caney, Porter, and Kingwood. Call now at (281) 377-1348 to make an appointment.

Our Blog

Recent Posts
  • Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions About Mediation

    When a person decides to pursue legal action to resolve a dispute, they often envision having their day in court in front of a judge and jury. ...

    Continue Reading
  • Name Change for a Child Requires Sufficient Evidence

    A divided First Court of Appeals reversed the decision of a trial court to change a child’s name to include the father’s surname as part of the ...

    Continue Reading
  • Adverse Possession

    The most commonly used statutes of limitation to establish a claim for adverse possession are sections 16.024, 16.025 and 16.026 of the CPRC. Under ...

    Continue Reading